[Avodah] distilled fruit juice

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jun 11 07:01:09 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 04:39:20PM +0300, Doron Beckerman wrote:
: The Sugya is Mei Chalav Kechalav (Machshirin 6:5). See also Chullin 114 and
: Aruch Hashulchan OC 168:27 and YD 81:16.

I think it's of the same worldview as that which lists mayim and tal as
different liquids. We care about where water comes from.

(And longtimers here know that I would attribute both to the idea that
halakhah cares more about how the world causes gut reactions than how
the universe actually is scientifically. But you don't need to buy into
that in order to agree with the above comparison.)

Micha Berger             Good decisions come from experience;
micha at aishdas.org        Experience comes from bad decisions.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Djoha, from a Sepharadi fable
Fax: (270) 514-1507