[Avodah] SYMMETRY OF BIRKAT KOHANIM

Poppers, Michael MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Sun Jun 10 18:36:35 PDT 2012

In Avodah V30n53, RCRW wrote:
> Interestingly there is a numerical symmetry to the birkat kohanim which we all have learned the progression of each of the three verses: 3 words, 5 words, 7 words. <
A progression which is mimiced in the davening: E'v'A' bar'chainu
-- bab'rachah hamshuleshes baTorah (3)
-- hak'suvah al y'dei Moshe avdecha (5)
-- ha'amurah mipi Aharon uvanav kohanim am q'doshecha (7)
ka'amur....

> I noticed something
for the first time today and wonder if any of you have ever realized the symmetry in the number of letters?      Verse 1: 15 letters   Verse 2: 20 letters  Verse 3: 25 letters <
See the comments of Ba'al haTurim on these p'suqim.

All the best from
-- Michael Poppers via BB pager