[Avodah] West Hartford Doctor Challenges GE On `Sabbath Mode' Oven

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 1 10:04:12 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 10:53:44AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
>                                 Especially since RMF held that such a
> mode as he thought he was getting is impossible as a matter of halacha;
> why would he assume that the Star-K was ignoring RMF's psak?

A hekhsher shouldn't assume the consumer knows that RMF pasqened altogether,
never mind that he knows what RMF held.

But in general, I agree with your point that he assumed too much
before buying, and now it trying to sue because they didn't meet his
expectations. But unless we switch to talking about whether a Jewish
parallel to GE would be chayavim to forewarn him and thus BD could make
them reimberse him, that end of things is off topic for Avodah.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             Weeds are flowers too
micha at aishdas.org        once you get to know them.
http://www.aishdas.org          - Eeyore ("Winnie-the-Pooh" by AA Milne)
Fax: (270) 514-1507