[Avodah] Would Ruth's conversion be rejected today?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed May 30 14:15:06 PDT 2012

On 30/05/2012 4:32 PM, kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
> I suppose this is not a problem according to those who see Ruth's giyur
> as taking place in the latter part of the story, by "amech ami".

Isn't that passage the source for most of hilchos giyur?  Isn't that
where she accepted the yoke of mitzvos, and went through a sampling
of "some of the light and heavy mitzvos" as required in SA?

> But what about according to those who hold that they both converted
> prior to marrying Machlon and Kilyon?

I'm unfamiliar with these opinions.  Who are they?

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion