[Avodah] Torah Pre-Sinai

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 24 14:28:09 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 02:51:28PM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: They were at such a high level that they resonated to HKB"H's frequency.  (my summary of the Nefesh hachaim)

I think that's more the Baal haTanya's take in Torah Ohr (on parashas
Yisro, "Moshe Yedabeir).

It's a very stereotypical Litvish-Chassidish split.

The Litvak sees the revalation in the avos being able to feel their own
souls, detect that they lacked, and figure out how to resolve that lack.
It's all sheleimus. Aspaqlaria-as-mirror.

The chassid sees revelation in reaching out an pulling down from higher
spiritual realms. Deveiqus beyond the self. Aspaqlaria-as-lens.

micha at aishdas.org        6 weeks and 5 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Hod sheb'Malchus: What is glorious about
Fax: (270) 514-1507               unity-how does it draw out one's soul?