[Avodah] torture in halacha???

David Riceman driceman at optimum.net
Tue May 22 10:38:46 PDT 2012

RMB:

<<But that only works if the person actually is capable of hearing your
reason and "leisovei daateih uleqabeil mei'avah asher yeia'ara lo". I
don't see how his exception to the qv"ch's reasoning would apply to
torture.>>

I don't know how reasonable you believe it to be, but a similar case
occurs near the end of the second act of Patience (right before the
reprise of A Most Intense Young Man - - if you have access to The
Complete Annotated Gilbert & Sullivan it's on pp 343-344).

David Riceman