[Avodah] 7000) +-

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 22 07:33:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 11:34:30PM -0700, Harvey Benton wrote:
: oznas ben keniel (?) came up with halachat after Moshe rabeinu

Osniel ben Kenaz recreated 3,000 halakhos.

: my question is, what percentage of halachot were actually lost, that he
: had to recover ( eg, there were no toldos, rabannans (decrees) shitas
: or various sorts etc,

Why do you say their were no tolados?

And there may have been MORE shitos. There were fewer things that a
poseiq said must be one way or the other. But in any case, it would
mean fewer specific halakhos.

There are 1,715 si'manim in the SA. I con't know how many se'ifim that
comes to. But my GUESS is that of the SA, 3,000 halakhos is around 10%
in very round numbers.

The Rambam comes to something like 15,000 halakhos, so that 3,000 would
be 20%.

But odds are 3,000 is a symbolic rather than literal number.

micha at aishdas.org        6 weeks and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Malchus: What is the beauty of
Fax: (270) 514-1507               unity (on all levels of relationship)?