[Avodah] Fwd: Rabbi Hershel Schachter - True Freedom

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Sat May 19 13:45:16 PDT 2012

1) Rav Moshe makes it clear in this tshevua that he is not giving a
psak, that the entire question is theoretical only.
2) In terms of war itself, he says that there are milchomot mitzvah that
also require orima v'tumim (like milchemet Amaleik).
3) However he also makes it clear that the state (any Jewish state) can
wage  a war of defense, like what we fought against the Greeks.

I don't see how you conclude anything definite from this tshuva.

Ben