[Avodah] Any opinions on the kashrus of Peng Peng?

Eliyahu Grossman Eliyahu at KosherJudaism.com
Sat May 12 21:22:09 PDT 2012

While not carnivorous, chickens are omnivorous, but I believe that they
would fall into this category. Those of us who have worked on or live on
chicken farms can attest to these beasties eating cat food and even stealing
a captured mouse from the cat and eating it.

(For a video showing it's not an isolated incident, you can watch a chicken
doing just that at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iubf1oJdQQQ - Not
recommended for vegetarians to watch!)

Many kosher fish also fall into a similar category, eating little fishies or
treif little scaleless things. But again, they are not technically
carnivores - which have a special digestive tract to process a "mostly meat"
diet.

Eliyahu Grossman