[Avodah] Fwd: Rabbi Hershel Schachter - True Freedom

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri May 11 13:03:13 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:41:06PM -0500, Lisa Liel wrote:
>> But we know from elsewhere that TC are not supposed to be conscripted.
>
> Where do we know that from?

This is way afield. There is a kelal in kol haTorah kulah (and English
law) that anything not prohibited (presumably onlu after we take into
account the chiyuv of Qedoshim tihyu and avoiding being a menuval birshus
haTorah) is permitted. Silence means reshus, not chiyuv or issur. Both
RZS and Lisa mentioned this days ago. Arguing details based on ignoring
it seems pointless.

:-)BBii!