[Avodah] forcing a GET

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu May 10 12:04:41 PDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 3:00 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> And I didn't speak of imprisonment, I spoke of the threat of imprisonment.
> Please reread what I did write.
>
> A man going to a rabbanut endorsed beis din knows that they lock people
> up. That knowledge alone is the compulsian I'm talking about.

How so?  If he knows that he has not done anything that allows a BD to
compel a get, then he knows that he is in no danger of imprisonment,
unless the BD is dishonest.

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion