[Avodah] Recording people without their knowledge

cantorwolberg at cox.net cantorwolberg at cox.net
Thu May 10 12:17:19 PDT 2012

FYI recording people without their consent is illegal and one could be criminally charged for doing so.
This applies to audio recording. Video recording (without audio) is legal in most states.
Hence, dina dmalchusa dina.
As far as v'ahavta l'reyecha kamocha, I agree that would be another reason.
I doubt if the average person would appreciate being recorded without his or her knowledge.
Again, let it be clear, that recording people without their knowledge is ILLEGAL!
ri