[Avodah] Um,...Hello?! RaShB"I Didn't Die on Lag b'Omer

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:19:03 PDT 2012

On 8/05/2012 3:27 AM, Ezra Chwat wrote:

> BIH: in Rav Paalim 11.
> Casts doubt on printed version of Pri Etz Haim "yom Shemet". Doubts are
> substantiated by ms Oxford 1760 and NLI 6720: "Yom simhat".

RZS wrote:

Yes, but what is that simcha?

The Ben Ish Hai says in Da'at u'Tevunah (petichah rishonah) that a possible
explanation of "yom simchat RASHBI" is that it's the day that Rabbi Akiva
started to teach Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai (thus making a direct connection
between the two events that we celebrate on Lag LaOmer).

http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=20123&st=&pgnum=14