[Avodah] bechukoteihem

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 8 13:11:27 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:09:35AM +0300, Ben Waxman wrote:
: I wonder how far Rashi himself took his pshat on the phrase. Did he
: dress in French style of his time? Was his house built in a manner
: similar to the French? If he went to a Jewish theater, did they not use
: French entertainment techniques?

Did he mean French theater? Since he's quoting, I should ask, do
you think he meant to imply that this is also French theater? Or
the taratrios and itztdios of the Rome of chazal's day, which had AZ
overtones with dedications to various gods? Shabbos 150a and AZ 18b
associate the two. (As -- lehavdil elef alfei havdalos -- did Terullian
in De Spectaculis.)