[Avodah] the twentieth letter

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Apr 25 15:58:58 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 03:20:39PM -0400, David Riceman wrote:
> I've been learning Rabbi Hirsch's 19 Letters with my 14 year old son.
> We're almost done, and it's time to decide what's next.  My tentative
> plan is to start the Sefer HaKatan from Kelm next, but I welcome
> alternative suggestions.  Any age-appropriate ideas?

When I get a "what should I learn with ..." (typically: Partner in Torah
or non-frum relative, and typically asked by my father) I am always
stumped. How do I answer this without knowing the individual? Is there
a generic answer?

RSRH describes the project that becomes Horeb in the 10th letter. Maybe
that's a logical continuation.

Or, if it's the Jewish Philosophy aspect, is your son up to the Ramchal's
Derekh Hashem? Or the first volume of MmE ("Strive for Truth")?

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 4 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Tifferes: What is imposing about
Fax: (270) 514-1507                             balance?