[Avodah] The 8th Day of Pesach in Golus

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Apr 18 11:48:47 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 09:13:20AM +0300, Simon Montagu wrote:
: > Based on this I conclude that for those people who are not on the right
: > spiritual level it is "better" for them to remain in Golus.

: This advice seems to me to lead to stagnation. I can only speak for
: myself, but if I wait to be on the right spiritual level before doing
: mitzvot I will never do anything.

Same could be said of worrying about hypocracy in general. Rather than
"If I don't do X, is it hypocritical for me to do Y?", I find it more
useful to use that passing thought as a flag to check for yuhara as a
motive for my wanting to take on Y.

However, the line of reasoning here is specific to yishuv EY, and
has to do with it being palterin shel Melekh. (Not that I hold by
this shitah; but it is a shitah in Torah to be learned correctly.)

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 4 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Gevurah: What is imposing about
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            strict justice?