[Avodah] nidche

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Apr 17 13:35:38 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:11:26PM -0700, Harry Maryles wrote:
: I asked my Rebbe, RAS about this and he told me that he said Hallel only
: on YhA. That Israel came back inot the hands of the Jewish people after
: 2000 years was a far more signifcant event than the return of Jerusalem.

In previous incarnations of this thread (which must bore or frustrate
the non- and anti-Zionists of our chevrah), I expressed my instinct that
there was one major way in which YY was more significant than YhA.

One cannot compare the state of kiruv before the 6 Day War with that
after. Kiruv wouldn't be a movement today had we not recaptured Y-m.
The resurgance of Jewish Pride and the feeling that we were witnessing
something truly momentus motivated a search for tradition that did
not occur in 1948. (It being the 1960s and then early 70s, a time when
spirituality and finding a cause was part of the zeitgeist didn't hurt.)
While I think that's self evident, for people who would prefer to have a
gadol's word for it, see "Bein Sheishes leAsor" and "Or LaShav" by RSWolbe
-- collections of lectures he gave in the year or two after the '67 War.

Religious awakening is something in common with Chanukah and Purim,
other days of Hallel.

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 3 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Tifferes sheb'Gevurah: When does strict
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  judgment bring balance and harmony?