[Avodah] Kama Maalot Tovot Lamakom Aleinu?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Apr 16 16:09:25 PDT 2012

On 16/04/2012 4:16 PM, AES wrote:
> and from the fact that
> we call what the kohanim do during duchening as "nesias kapayim" and
> not "nesias yadayim" since they lift their fingers*and*  their palms
> when they duchen.

In Tanach it's always called "nesiat yadayim", in contrast to "perisat
kapayim" which is used for prayer.   E.g. in this week's parsha, "vayisa
Aharon et yadav el ha`am vayvar'chem".

--
Zev Sero        "Natural resources are not finite in any meaningful
zev at sero.name    economic sense, mind-boggling though this assertion