[Avodah] pikuach nefesh

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 16 13:52:59 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:31:47AM -0400, Rich, Joel wrote:
: It seems that 1/1000 is the halachic definition of not existing-
: I wonder if this might be the basis for us not so frumers using tap
: water on pesach.

Chazal explitcly say "afilu be'elef lo bateil".

We discussed this <http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol28/v28n095.shtml#02>
and RMR's reponse at
<http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol28/v28n096.shtml#09>.

RET suggested this isn't an issue of bitul, but that something not
detectable at all by any of our senses doesn't even qualify as a
"something" to require bitul
<http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol25/v25n085.shtml#25>.

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Gevurah: When is strict justice
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            most appropriate?