[Avodah] Learning from the past - another look at the 10 plagues of Egypt

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 16 14:04:25 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 09:40:13AM +0300, Shoshana L. Boublil wrote:
: Chazal bring various answers: Mida KeNeged Mida; To show the Egyptians the
: falseness of their gods; To teach Israel the might of Hashem; But my
: question is then - we have a tradition that anything that is in the Torah is
: intended LeShe'ata VeLeDorot. What is it that we can learn from the 10
: plagues that is relevant to OUR generation?

That punishments are mida keneged mida and to teach lessons, and therefore
we should look for these in trying to take lessons from the nisyonos in our
own lives.