[Avodah] Kama Maalot Tovot Lamakom Aleinu?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 16 14:11:52 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 09:29:12AM -0600, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
: This is fine except for the fact that we say "B'yad chazaka: zo hadever"
: (With a strong hand: this refers to the dever.) Why don't we say that dever
: counts as 5 times more than the other plagues?

I see your question as boiling down to: When do we apply "davar shehayah
bikhlal ... lo lelamei al atzmo yatzah, ela lelameid al hakelal kulo
yatza"?

We don't know how to make our own derashos. But the tannaim in question
did. So, I presume they knew that dever was such a devar hayotzei (bad
pun intended).

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Gevurah: When is strict justice
Fax: (270) 514-1507                            most appropriate?