[Avodah] The 8th Day of Pesach in Golus

Prof. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Sun Apr 15 13:33:47 PDT 2012

At 12:27 PM 4/15/2012, R. Micha wrote:

>On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 10:39:51AM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
> > Dare one say that yesterday it was preferable to be in Golus given the
> > combination of the kedusha of Shabbos and the d'rabbonim kedusha of the
> > 8th day of Pesach?
>
>On the contrary, a reason often given for the importance of Bavel
>continuing their minhag avos was that it takes two days of yom tov in
>chu"l to get to the same qedushah as one day in Eretz Yisrael.

Let's say that it is indeed true that one needs two days of Yom Tov
in Galus to add up to the same Kedusha as one day in EY.

Still,  looking at the 8th day of Pesach in Golus which fell on
Shabbos this year,  is it not true that looking at this day alone
that it had more kedusha than the same Shabbos day in EY which did
not have the additional kedusha of Yom Tov?  This was my point.  I
was not focusing on the sum of the kedusha of the entire Yom
Tov,  just on the last day here.

YL