[Avodah] The 8th Day of Pesach in Golus

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 09:53:38 PDT 2012

From: "Prof. Levine"  <llevine at stevens.edu>

>>Yesterday in EY was just  Shabbos,  whereas here it was both Shabbos
and the 8th Day of Yom  Tov.  Therefore, it seems to me that there was
more kedusha here  yesterday than in EY.

Dare one say that yesterday it was preferable to be  in Golus given
the combination of the kedusha of Shabbos and the d'rabbonim  kedusha
of the 8th day of Pesach? <<

YL

On every yom tov sheni shel galuyos we have yom tov when those in E'Y do
not.  We have that extra day because of sefeka deyoma, i.e., BECAUSE we are
in galus.  What you are suggesting is that it is in general better to be in
galus than in E'Y because our doubt as to what day it is somehow increases
kedusha!  Needless to say this seems prima facie absurd to me.
Additionally, it is only on yom tov that the day approximates the level of  kedusha
that is present in E'Y every day of the year, which is why we only have
duchening on yom tov while they duchen in E'Y every day.

--Toby Katz
Romney -- good  values, good family, good  hair