[Avodah] Sfardi Psaq On Matza And Qvi`ath S`udah

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Mon Apr 2 09:15:26 PDT 2012

R' Zev Sero wrote:

> ... but RMF is citing that end lechumra, not lekula.  Because there
> are shitos that even a small amount might count as kevias seudah,
> one should be careful not to eat that amount without washing *on
> real bread*.  But RMF would surely not recommend that someone rely
> on such a small amount to wash and say hamotzi and bench, let alone
> to use it for lechem mishneh!

Rav Shimon Eider would disagree with you.

In Igros Moshe 1:155, pg 274, par. "v'lachen", he explicitly allows using Matza Ashira on Shabbos Erev Pesach. I concede that he does not specify how much Matza Ashira must be eaten for this purpose.

However, Rav Shimon Eider, page 385, writing about the use of Egg Matza on Shabbos Erev Pesach, cites the very same Igros Moshe that I did (namely 3:32), and writes: "How much egg matzah must one eat to be considered kovea seudah? If he eats it with other food, the same amount of egg matzah as one would eat of other matzah or bread, is considered as kovea seudah."

Akiva Miller