[Avodah] Chatzi Hallel on Shevi'i Shel Pesach and Drops of Wine - AaAsei YaDai

Meir Rabi meirabi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 01:40:26 PDT 2012

Perhaps the symbolism in spilling 10 drops is that Gd was actually the
loser in this exchange.
Gd's preference was that Paroh should repent, accept the truth and embrace
Gd.

But in spite of Gd's best efforts Paroh remained obstinate, defiant,
unrepentant and insistent that he will not admit defeat. So he won and Gd
lost.

How can we lift a cup in celebration and praise Gd when Gd lost the battle?
How can we sing Gd's praises?

My handiwork is being destroyed means; what I created with the potential
and purpose of recognising and praising Me has failed to actualise that
potential, has used the free will I gave it to choose in spite of My best
efforts at persuasion and clarification, to choose a course that requires
their destruction.

It is truly a VERY sad event in history.

--

Best,

Meir G. Rabi