[Avodah] v'ha'ish moshe anav . . .

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Sun Jun 10 10:39:20 PDT 2012

(is this something that ought to be in Mesorah?  If so, can you forward there?)

This has probably come up before, as it's not particularly uncommon . . . .

In yesterday's parsha, at 12:3, we read "h'ha'ish moshe anav . . .
"  Anav is spelled ayin-nun-vav.

In about half of the chumashim (and tikkunim) I saw yeterday, there's
a note that the kriah is ayin-nun-yud-vav.

So, the obvious question:

1.  For _kria_, what difference does it make? Isn't it pronounced the
same?  (Further, grammatically, it's too confusing to me . . . plural?)

2.  Why is this kria-note missing in half the sources I looked at
(including, e.g., Artscroll tikkun, Hirsch chumash, etc.)?

-- Sholom