[Avodah] Halachic Entanglement

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed May 9 18:26:01 PDT 2012

In Quantum Mechanics, two particles can interact in a way that
measurements later made of one will immediately change the state of the
other. No matter how far apart they are. (Here is an explanation from
Scientific American <http://bit.ly/KMV5YO>.)

Well, I think I encountered the halachic equivalent at Y-mi Chagiga 3:2
(vilna 17a-b, the top of both amudim, in particular). Someone takes a
qometz of flour for a minchah out of the keli qodesh. If the nosar becomes
tamei, or the qometz does, they are considered still connected and the
other is tamei as well. From the pasuq "kaf achas".

R' Yaaqov bar Acha, R' Yosa besheim R"Y: if you have a minchah split
between two dishes, if one becomes tamei, the other becomes tamei. And
if there is another dish with a second minchah in the middle, it does not.

Micha Berger             Today is the 32nd day, which is
micha at aishdas.org        4 weeks and 4 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Hod: What type of submission
Fax: (270) 514-1507                 really results in dominating others?