[Avodah] Mashiach Kan?

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Tue May 1 11:35:18 PDT 2012

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s7YWmptcbRLPwoVDx7HIcp5i4tliTNeV0u-nyv4wixs/edit

Rav Vitman (long I), a member of Tzohar and the head of kashrut of Tnuva
(I think), wrote an article in which he asks if we not in the Messianic
Period itself (meaning not just itchalta d'geula or ikvata d'meshicha).
Rav Vitman tries to show that according to the Rambam, the ikkar of
Yemot HaMashiach is kibbutz galiyot, return of Jewish sovereignty, and
the ability to defend ourselves.

The Rav feels that if this indeed true, than we have to start dealing
with questions such as what type of government does the Torah want,
should we build the Beit HaMiqdash, and more.

I scanned the article (in Hebrew), which is an examination of the
relevant Rambams, and uploaded it to Google. Hopefully it will be clear
enough for you to read.

Ben