[Avodah] Stopping saying V'sain Tal Umattar

Doron Beckerman beck072 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:10:27 PDT 2012

RLK writes:

>> In Israel, we start saying Mashiv Haruach 2 weeks after Shmini Atzeret to
give the people who made Aliya laRegel an opportunity to return to their
homes.
Why don't we stop saying Mashiv Haruach 2 weeks before Pesach for the same
reason? <<

I changed the title to reflect the question properly.  RSZA  was asked this
when he was a child. His answer (Halichos Shlomo Tefillah 8 footnote
69):  The people returning on Succos had their summer clothes on, and the
people coming for Pesach had their winter clothes handy at home if needed.