[Avodah] Leading Charedi Posek Says metzitza' Should Not

Moshe Shulman mshulman at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 1 05:56:32 PDT 2012

At 08:37 AM 4/1/2012, you wrote:
>From: Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org>
>To: The Avodah Torah Discussion Group <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
>On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 04:28:26PM -0400, hankman wrote:
>The question is whether halakhah makes this chiluq.
>I argued that one in hundreds of thousands is milsa delo shekhachah, and
>thus ignorable. See Arukh haShulchan OC 544:5. I don't see anyone being
>choleiq between being the sibah or not being mosir hamoneia. I think
>that is why the debate isn't over the piquach nefesh side of things,
>but whether the chiyuv of beris milah means that metzitzah bepeh is
>a chiyuv.

I was talking with a Gadol (not sure he would like his name mentioned
on the Internet which is forbidden) last week and this was his point.
There are hundreds of brisen each week, and we only hear of a problem
very rarely. Even in those cases there is a question of whether the
bris metzitzah was the cause. Those who require it are not going to
stop because of views stated by those who don't require it.

Moshe Shulman   outreach at judaismsanswer.com 718-436-7705
Judaism's Answer:  http://www.judaismsanswer.com/