[Avodah] evolution - new creatures coming into existence 7 days of creation

Zvi Lampel zvilampel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 10:29:44 PST 2011

 >.. In Gan Eden there were no such creatures as flies, mosquitoes or
fleas and other insects that breed in swamps. Only after Adam HaReshon
was expelled from Gan Eden did he and subsequently, all of mankind
suffer from this pestilence, which was caused by the tumah of Adam
HaReshon's sin I am unfamiliar with this midrash - I thought that all
creatures that exist were understood to have been created during 7 days
of creation only. has anyone heard this midrash before?<

Since Adam's expulsion from Gan Eden was during the 6th day, there is no
problem with the principle cited.

Zvi Lampel