[Avodah] Lashon Hara?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Dec 13 10:59:13 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 07:48:34AM +0200, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
: I recently posted a review of a session I had with a councilor on a group
: on Facebook.  A woman emailed me saying that she thought the review was
: lashon hara because it could negatively impact the councilor's parnassah.

I'm not sure why it's more LH if it impacts the bottom line. LH is about
saying something negative. Perhaps there is a second issue of hezeq one
could ask about.

But if it's to save the readers' money because the councelor didn't provide
value, one is balancing damage done to one vs helping others decide whether
or not to risk money. It's not single-sided.

Micha Berger             "The most prevalent illness of our generation is
micha at aishdas.org        excessive anxiety....  Emunah decreases anxiety:
http://www.aishdas.org   'The Almighty is my source of salvation;  I will
Fax: (270) 514-1507      trust and not be afraid.'" (Isa 12) -Shalhevesya