[Avodah] Halachic ramifications of vision strength (from areivim)

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Dec 6 03:56:25 PST 2011

On 6/12/2011 2:26 AM, Saul Mashbaum wrote:
> 293:2 One should be careful not to do m'lacha Saturday night until 3
> small stars are seen (ie, can be seen SM).

Ordinary stars, not small ones.  But one must know which stars count
as "ordinary", which is why this siman is not given to everybody, and
why we were given the shiurim in units of how far one could walk (at
the equinox in EY).    And this shiur is based on a standard walker's
daily distance divided equally over the day, not on the state of the
individual's legs or on how much ground one could cover with a sudden
burst of energy.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will