[Avodah] Halachic Policy Guidelines of the Kashrus Authority ofAustralia

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Dec 5 09:53:44 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:08:07AM -0000, Chana Luntz wrote:
: But this is all very different to the nine shops case, where we do have,
: somewhere in there, a cheftza that is, according to everybody assur, we just
: don't know which, and I do not see how can extrapolate from the case under
: discussion vis a vis hashgacha to the case of the nine shops.

9 chanuyos (the non-qavua instance) is bitul berov. It's not a mixture
but the words "bitul" and even "taaroves" are still involved. We could
make a second chiluq between bitulim -- maybe even if you say that bitul
in a mixture avoids timtum haleiv, that bitul beruba de'iqah leqaman does
not.

Micha Berger             Man is a drop of intellect drowning in a sea
micha at aishdas.org        of instincts.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507