[Avodah] re Halachic guidlines for kashrut

martin brody martinlbrody at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:44:44 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Lisa Liel <lisa at starways.net> wrote:
> Which community standards? The community you identify with. And I'm
> sorry, but you aren't entitled to disagree about this. Not within the
> bounds of Orthodox Judaism.

Which community? My Synagogue? Is that what you mean? We have Ashkenazim
from all over the place.Sephardim from Iran to Crete to Morocco to Buenos
Aires. We should get them to change their kashrut customs for the little
community in Westwood?

Don't think so. Or did you mean Los Angeles in general? Where the RCC have
basically outlawed non-glatt meat. The less expensive option, especially
in these hard economic times. That sort of community standard? Try buying
a bottle of non-mevushal wine in a restaurant. No chance.

regards,
Martin Brody