[Avodah] Jewish New Testament

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Nov 27 17:01:43 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 09:28:03PM -0500, Moshe Y. Gluck wrote:
: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/us/a-jewish-edition-of-the-new-testament-beliefs.html?_r=1

: For Avodah: Is a Jew permitted to read this?

How could it be? It's an attempt to understand Judaism through the
eyes of AZ. (Even shituf, if we are to be meiqil, is AZ to a ben
beris.) The resulting adulteration of one's perception of Yahadus would
be insidious. And since it's not aimed at being a shmad tool, I don't
even see heter for da mah lehashiv purposes.

Micha Berger             If you're going through hell
micha at aishdas.org        keep going.
http://www.aishdas.org                   - Winston Churchill
Fax: (270) 514-1507