[Avodah] order of mishnayot

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Wed Nov 23 12:19:16 PST 2011

R' Eli Turkel wrote:

> Nevertheless the order of some perakim is different between our
> gemarot and that in the mishnayot.

Do I understand you correctly? Are you saying that there is an entire perek which seems to have been moved from one part of the masechta to another part? That if the sequence in the Mishna is "apple orange grape fig", then in the Gemara it is "apple grape orange fig", or some other sequence? There we're not merely talking about the dividing lines between one and the next, but also of their relative positions?

If so, could you give an example? This is big news to me.

Akiva Miller