[Avodah] Chillul HaShem and Davening on Airplanes

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Nov 23 06:47:13 PST 2011

So any davening in such a minyan would seem to be a mitzvah haba b'averah,
and thus, given that it is done in front of non Jews and non frum Jews,
would constitute a chillul Hashem.  What it says is that frum Jews are not
careful about the property rights of others (think Lot versus Avraham).

> YL

Regards

Chana

However I have been on ContinentaL (United) flights which have the galley in the rear where the flight attendants have allowed for a minyan out of the other passengers way as long as it doesn't interfere with meal times. There have been cases though that in that situation the captain has turned on the seat belt sign due to turbulence and I encouraged the other minyanairres to go back to their seats due to the chillul hashem issue. (majority ignored me :-))
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.