[Avodah] In this week's parsha in the parsha of the akaida AA says "venashuva alaiche

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 15 11:28:58 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:41:34PM -0500, T613K at aol.com wrote:
: Maybe he thought he would come back carrying Yitzchak's bones or ashes for
: burial?  Or maybe "nashuva" was the royal we?  Or maybe he was  thinking of
: a far distant future?

It's impossible to know what Avraham avinu was thinking. I *imagine*
he himself didn't know. Recall that he was already promised that
"ki miYitzchaq yiqarei lekha zara", and Yitzchaq had no children yet.
No matter how sure Avraham was of the tzivui, he also must have been sure
that somehow Yitzchaq would be producing a nation kokokhvei hashamayim
larov.

Coginitive dissonance? Simple confusion? Avraham expected techiyas hameis?
I don't know. But it's not as simple as being certain Yitzchaq wouldn't be
around [again?] to return down the mountain.

Micha Berger             None of us will leave this place alive.
micha at aishdas.org        All that is left to us is
http://www.aishdas.org   to be as human as possible while we are here.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Anonymous MD, while a Nazi prisoner