[Avodah] The daf yomi in Chulin 128a Tanaim hold the kishus planted in an otsits sh'aino nakuf is yonaik min ha'aretz-

hankman hankman at bell.net
Tue Nov 8 22:03:31 PST 2011

RMB wrote:

I am saying that in order for halakhah to work, it much fit the workers
of people. And since people are moved by what they experience firsthand,
we care more about the experiences the universe offers than by the
details of the working by which it does so.

CM responds:

If you want to place emphasis on firsthand experience and by what they experience, you are welcome to try that approach – but not to the point of using facts that are demonstrably false to the best of current knowledge. Torah is not meshaker! (not in whole and even not in part – ie it is not OK for the psychology to be correct but not the underlying facts).

RMB wrote:

To tell the truth, I do not have a single mystical bone in my body – except perhaps for the Luz bone for techias hamesim.

Kol Tuv

Chaim Manaster