[Avodah] the physics of giants

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Nov 8 08:41:17 PST 2011

On 8/11/2011 11:00 AM, Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org wrote:

> _http://jewishworker.blogspot.com/2011/11/could-avraham-avinu-have-been-as-tall.html_for those who take medrash literally, the second nes was the supernatural strength of his skeleton....

Indeed.  However I don't see what choice we have but to accept that Moshe
Rabbenu was literally ten amot tall, because the maamar chazal about that
is in a practical context, that this was why he erected the mishkan on his
own.  Ten amot is not that much by comparison with some of these midrashim,
but it's surely much more than any person could naturally support.  Even
the tallest man on modern record, who was a mere 6 amot or so, was a near-
cripple.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will