[Avodah] Is there any issur here al pi halacha? - New York man pleads guilty to selling Israeli human organs

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:07:20 PDT 2011

On 1/11/2011 4:24 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> But whichever rules of triage are nog'im lemaaseh, may one buy an organ
> in order to facilitate a violation of the rules of triage?

R' ZS:
I don't understand how there can be a hava amina that one may not.  The
rules at the end of Horiyos are for a communal kuppah, not for a yachid
helping his relatives and friends, let alone himself.  As for himself,
the pasuk says "kol asher la'ish yiten be`ad nafsho".

And for a relative, "M'bsarcha Al Tisalem."

KT,
MYG