[Avodah] To Stand or Not to Stand for a Chosson and Kallah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 1 15:04:35 PDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 08:41:37AM +1100, Isaac Balbin wrote:
: As I recall, the Rav, RYBS, was quite literal in treating the C&K as
: Melech and Malka, thereby necessitating standing.

Why is it that everyone stands for the chasan and kallah at a wedding,
but so few of us have a minhag to stand for Lekha Dodi? There we have
a kalah, and in some nusachos, she is identified with "Shabbas Malkesa".

(I just noticed the femanine form, as opposed to the girsa in shas
we discussed in the past that had "Shabbos Malka", with an alef, in the
masculine.)

Micha Berger             For a mitzvah is a lamp,
micha at aishdas.org        And the Torah, its light.
http://www.aishdas.org                   - based on Mishlei 6:2
Fax: (270) 514-1507