[Avodah] Is there any issur here al pi halacha?--selling/buying of kidneys

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Oct 31 18:02:04 PDT 2011

On 31/10/2011 5:10 PM, Joel Schnur wrote:
> Having been on dialysis for close to 3 yrs before getting a transplant (thank you to my brother David), I can personally attest to the lowered quality of life when undergoes. However, what this individual did was blatantly against the law n the US and in most countries. And I echo that in my official capacity as a member of the NYS Transplant Council.

Yes, it was against the law.  So what?  There is no issur, and a huge
mitzvah, so the law can go hang itself.  *Even if* you believe that there
is some sort of chiyuv to obey the law, there is no basis whatsoever for
elevating that chiyuv above a dikduk kal shel divrei sofrim.  For this
purpose he would be allowed to be mechalel shabbos, kal vachomer that
he can and should ignore the law.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will