[Avodah] Birds & Fish in the Mabul

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Oct 31 09:11:52 PDT 2011

On 31/10/2011 11:37 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> A recent examplehttp://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/334517.stm  --
> written material found at Harappa, which was a city in what's now Pakistan
> in the years 3500 - 2600 BCE. So, evidence of non-Hebrew and civilization
> before both the mabul and the migdal. (And, in fact, dating not too long
> after the Seder Olam's dating of the eviction from Gan Eden.)
>
> Proto-Elami text dating 3100-2600 BCE. Even Elmaite cuneiform predates
> these events.
>
> The Kish Tablet has Sumerian text in proto-cuneiform, also dating to
> 3500 BCE, and several HUNDRED such documents were found at Uruk. Also,
> texts from 2800 BCE or so at Tel Harmal.
>
> Two nations even had a peace treaty signed in Elami in 2600 BCE.

Why can't all this be pre-mabul?  I've never seen it written anywhere
that the pre-mabul people all spoke Hebrew.  1650 years is certainly
long enough for new languages to emerge.  Noach and his family spoke
Hebrew, and the migdal only happened 100-300 years later, so all their
descendants were still speaking Hebrew until then.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will