[Avodah] More on Married Women Should Not Wear Wigs

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Mon Oct 24 08:18:44 PDT 2011

RYL writes ..I can only wonder what Rav Feinstein, zt"l, would say about
permitting a married woman to wear a human hair wig that is virtually
impossible to tell is a wig and that is more beautiful and attractive than
the woman's natural hair.

I can't help but think that the current minhag haposkim to be lenient
(against that which appears s/ be asur because of maaris ayin, etc),
at least partially stems from the fact that we want to encourage/make it
easier for them in
this difficult and uncomfortable mitzvah.
But if you are correct  it begs the question of why yes to this but no to other approaches to a similar issue that would seem similar based on first principles (e.g.  no loose fitting pants, yes tight fitting skirts)? I'm also not sure that the authorities who forbid wigs would say that it's "only"  marit ayin etc.
KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.