[Avodah] Rav Elyashiv - Where To Light The Candles For Succos?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Oct 12 11:22:35 PDT 2011

I have a different situation: I have no sukkah, but I still have a
chiyuv of neirot yomtov.  So I will light at home, and when I come home
I'll have a cup of tea by their light.  (I don't eat outside the sukkah,
but I do drink if there isn't a sukkah within easy reach, and in any event
I have to balance the desirability of not drinking outside the sukkah with
the desirability of deriving hana'at achila from the neirot on which I made
a bracha.  I make a similar cheshbon on Pesach, and when I come home from
the seder I have a drink by the light of my candles.)

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will