[Avodah] Malachim & mistakes

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Sun Oct 9 19:18:22 PDT 2011

""Istakel be'oraisa uvera alma".  Therefore everything in the world must
be in the Torah."

But that just raises the question of what "oraita"/"Torah" means in that context.  Did God look in a chumash, Tanach, mishana, Talmud, Rishonim, achronim, Tradition, Avodah....?  Or is some metaphor being employed here? I think a similar question can be asked about the statement "everything is found in the Torah."  I therefore think that taking either of these statements literally misses their point.

Joseph Kaplan