[Avodah] national flag???

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Oct 5 13:44:39 PDT 2011

On 5/10/2011 2:52 PM, Harvey Benton wrote:
> Question was there a national flag for ancient bnei yisrael? if so,
> what did it consist of, if so, is the current israeli flag, neged hatorah
> [chukas hagoyim??]

Flags were invented in the early 2nd millennium CE.  They did not exist
in Biblical times, or in Chazal's.  I don't know when standards were
invented; the medrash about the tribes' standards may be historical for
all I know, but it wouldn't shock me if it weren't.

--
Zev Sero        If they use these guns against us once, at that moment
zev at sero.name   the Oslo Accord will be annulled and the IDF will