[Avodah] play certifying kashrut agency for a minute,

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi, its Kosher! rabbi at itskosher.com.au
Tue Dec 20 12:41:59 PST 2011

Martin asked:   Follow up to your previous comments on certification.
So, now Mr. Gentile is producing Kosher food with Bittul and he decides
he'd like to market it.
Now, play certifying kashrut agency for a minute, would you give  your hecksher
to it, and if not why not?

Thats easy.
Any one who does not want to be persecuted by the frum ruffians will not
certify

Those who fear Gd, will.

Pas Palter is just such a product. Chazal were not only discussing bread
produced in a factory in which we know that there are no  non-K
ingredients. It describes in principle bread produced in the very non-K
kitchen of your NJ neighbour. It is baked in his very non-K oven. And it is
only bread for which Chazal created the extra standard of Pas Yisrael. All
other foods aside from BYisrael foods, are Kosher.

I think the new mantra amongst a larger section of the community than we
care to admit, is; "It may be good enough for Gd, but is it good enough for
me?" or maybe that ought to be, "It may be good enough for Gd, but I dont
want to be just an ordinary bloke, I want to be (and I want to be known as
being) a tad better than ordinary" We all want to be a BaAl Nefesh, in this
arena at least.
--

Best,

Rabbi Meir G. Rabi